Ronald Davison is a litigation attorney with 45 years of experience representing clients in complex business and estate litigation matters both on the trial and appellate levels in State and Federal courts. He has been named as a Super Lawyer in New Jersey Monthly Magazine in the area of Business Litigation and received the highest peer review rating (“AV Preeminent”) by Martindale-Hubbell. He has served as a court-appointed estate administrator, receiver, guardianship attorney and attorney-trustee. Mr. Davison has lectured on many subjects in continuing legal education programs on such topics as challenges to wills, trusts and gifts and business valuations in business divorce cases. He has served for many years as a volunteer mediator for the General Equity and Probate Parts of the Chancery Division of the Superior Court. He was a member and chairperson of the District Ethics Committee and is currently serving as panel chair of the District Fee Arbitration Committee, both appointments by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended a leading provider of telecommunications services in northern New Jersey against multi-million dollar damage claims based on alleged breach of a stock sale agreement.
- Successfully defended former president of Japanese-owned golf course conglomerate against multi-million dollar claim for breach of fiduciary duty and mismanagement; was awarded and collected counsel fees based on frivolous law suit.
- Successfully prosecuted case on behalf of landlord of shopping center against tenant-franchisee and franchisor of nationwide retail business
- Prosecuted successfully on behalf of publicly-held manufacturer a multi-million dollar violation of trade secrets and restrictive covenant claims against competitor and former vice president of company's research and development department.
- Successfully defended physician defendant in multi-party suit by major health insurance provider.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous contested will cases, including the recent defense of an executor and co-trustee of an $80+ million estate.
- Served as court-appointed attorney-trustee for disbarred attorneys’ practices.
- Served as court-appointed administrator of multi-million estate.
- Successfully prosecuted suit on behalf of beneficiaries of multi-million dollar estate to declare invalid bequest in will to family foundation.
- Lectured on Estate Litigation for Essex County Bar Association.
- Successfully defended principal in multi-million real estate-commercial property partnership dispute
- Prosecuted and defended successfully many cases involving claims of minority shareholder oppression, corporate and partnership dissolutions, etc.
- Successfully represented a publicly-held international paper manufacturer, defending against claims by a distributor alleging wrongful termination of a distribution agreement, and prosecuting on and collecting a significant debt due.
- Assistant Dean and Lecturer, Rutgers Law School, Newark, New Jersey, 1972-1973.
- Member, 1984-1987 and Chair, 1986-1987, Supreme Court of New Jersey Lawyers District Ethics Committee.
- Member, 2015-present, Supreme Court of New Jersey Fee Arbitration Committee.
- Member, West Essex Regional School District Board of Education, 1992-present (president, 2001-present; vice president, 1999-2001).
Representative Recent Cases
- Chicago Title Ins. Co. v. Union Ave. Holding, LLC, 2016 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1689 (Law Div. 2016)
- In the Matter of the Estate of Md. Belal Hussain, 2016 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS ----- (Ch. Div. 2016)
- Bzsazu Realty, LLC v. Razi et al., 2016 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1461 (App. Div. 2016)
- Stonewall of Saddle River v. Northeast Linen Supply Corp., 2016 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 256 (Law Div. 2016)
- Cooperative Communications, Inc.
- Elnik Systems, LLC
- Immunomedics, Inc.
- The Kinetix Group, LLC
- The Lisa B. Fishman Foundation, Inc.
- The Max Cure Foundation
- Rowen Petroleum Prods., Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Assistant Dean and Lecturer, Rutgers Law School, Newark, New Jersey, 1972 - 1973
- Lecturer, Civil Procedure and Commercial Law, Rutgers Law School, Newark, 1972 - 1973
- Lecturer, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, Essex County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, Fee Arbitration Committee, Member, 2015 - present
- Supreme Court of New Jersey Lawyers, District Ethics Committee, Member, 1984 - 1987
- Supreme Court of New Jersey Lawyers, Chair, District Ethics Committee, 1986 - 1987
- West Essex Regional School District Board of Education, Member, 1992 - 2006
- West Essex Regional School District Board of Education, President, 2001 - 2003
- West Essex Regional School District Board of Education, Vice President, 1999 - 2001