- Special Counsel to numerous banks and financial institutions involved in complex mortgage financings, industrial development bonds and asset-based lending.
- General counsel to business and industrial corporations with annual sales ranging from $800 million to $2 billion.
- Lead counsel in numerous corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions and venture capital transactions.
- Lead counsel for complex developmental real estate projects, including office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses, office and residential condominiums and housing projects for senior citizens, low-to moderate income and assisted living.
- General counsel to non-profit agencies engaged in programs in health care, affordable housing, community services, food bank service activities and battered and disadvantaged women.
- Senior Attorney, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Trading and Markets, 1962-1966.
- Attorney Advisor, United States Internal Revenue Service 1961-1962.
- Arbitrator and frequent Panel Chair, National Association of Securities Dealers, 1980-present.
- President, Temple B'nai Abraham of Essex County, 1991-1995.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Visiting Homemakers Service of Hudson County, 1975-2002.
- Member, Board of Trustees and Financial Secretary, Jewish Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, 1985-1986.
- American Bar Association, Member of Subcommittee of Lender Liability, Subcommittee on Financing Low Income and Affordable Housing and Subcommittee on Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Hudson County District Ethics Committee, 1989-1993.
- Contributor, Foreclosure Laws and Procedures, ABA Section of Real Property Publication
- Lecturer, New Jersey State Bar Securities Law Subcommittee, 1985 - 1986
Honors and Awards
Disclaimer: Pursuant to the Rules of Professional Conduct as promulgated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, lawyers who promote themselves or their firms are required to state the following: “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” This disclaimer applies to all the attorney rating agencies and organizations listed below. Some or all require payment of onetime or annual fees. For further information, as to their internal selection and rating criteria please click on the respective links below.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, in the area of Corporate Law and Real Estate Law
- Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships). The “Lawyer of the Year” recognition is awarded to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Best Lawyers selects only one attorney in each practice category and designated geographic region as their "Lawyer of the Year," making this recognition especially noteworthy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Trading and Markets, Senior Attorney, 1962 - 1966
- United States Internal Revenue Service, Attorney Advisor, 1961 - 1962
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Arbitrator and frequent Panel Chair, 1980 - Present
- Temple B'nai Abraham of Essex County, President, 1991 - 1995
- Visiting Homemakers Service of Hudson County, Member, Board of Trustees, 1975 - 2002
- Jewish Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, Member, Board of Trustees and Financial Secretary, 1985 - 1986
- American Bar Association, Member of Subcommittee of Lender Liability
- American Bar Association, Member, Subcommittee on Financing Low Income and Affordable Housing
- American Bar Association, Member, Subcommittee on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Hudson County District, Ethics Committee, 1989 - 1993